In this chapter, we are going to find out what programming is in its core and how to write simple programs and apps.
- We will get familiar with the idea of programming languages and development platforms, along with concepts like compilation and code execution.
- We are going to take a look at the environments for software development (IDEs) and how to work with them, in particular with Visual Studio.
- We will write and execute our first program with the programming language C# in Visual Studio.
- We will exercise with a couple of tasks: we will create console-based programs, a graphical application (GUI) and a Web application.
- We will learn how to check the correctness of the solutions from this book in the Judge system of SoftUni.
- We will get to know some of the typical mistakes, which are often made during code writing and how to prevent doing them.
Watch a video lesson on this chapter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgT10WCBw0M.